Svaneti. Better than the mountains can only be mountains that have not yet been!
Type of excursion:Sightseeing • Mountains & canyons • History, architecture • Archeology & ethnography • Guarantied
One of the most beautiful, majestic and unconquered parts of Georgia, which is certainly worth a visit. Our journey to the "bear corner" will begin in Batumi and runs through the cities of Poti, Zugdidi and Mestia. It is worth leaving early, as the road will take 5-6 hours.
The first planned stop is the Ingush hydropower station built back in the USSR - one of the largest in the world. Part of the hydroelectric station is located on the territory of Georgia, and part on the territory of Abkhazia. We will continue along the serpentine road in Mestia. On the way we will see waterfalls, local villages and majestic mountain landscapes.
Next we stop at the waterfall. We'll stop at a cafe with views of the mountains and the water surface of the hydroelectric station, here you can refresh yourself and have a refreshment. On the way, we will stop at the sources of mineral water, beating directly from the ground.
In Mestia, we are located in a guest house, where you can have dinner and, of course, try the Svan drink Rahi - the local mountain chacha.
Sunday night at 16:00 the following day free time:
Our guide will tell you in detail about the possibilities of spending time in Mestia and its surroundings.
Depending on your preferences, you can choose a program:
- Visit the ethnographic museum. It is open until 18:00, Mon - closed
- Try the local cuisine
- A trip to Ushguli is an alpine village at 2200m. above sea level. It takes about 5 hours to get off-road vehicles (paid separately ~ 200 GEL for an SUV, fit 6-7 people);
- Climb to Hatsvali on the cable car. the lift is open from 10.00 to 17.00. The height of the lower station is 1865 m, and the height of the upper station is 2347 m above sea level (~ 14 GEL for both cable cars). At the top station there is a cafe. The view is fantastic.
- Take one of the marked trekking routes or ride horses around Mestia
- Visit ancient churches or climb one of the towers.
We recommend to take comfortable shoes, warm clothes, such as a sweater or a light jacket. At night, in Mestia, the temperature drops below 20 degrees, and in Ushguli below 10 degrees.
Departure back to Batumi at 17:30.
Will arive to Batumi aprox. at 23:30
- Excursion start location: Pick up from your location
- Number of participants: min 1 / max 17
- Duration days: 2
- Length of the route: 650 км
- Free cancel before: 72 Hours
Prepay and cancellation policy
The prepayment is 30% of the cost of the service.
Free cancellation is possible for 72 hours before the start