From Tbilisi to Kazbeg
Type of excursion:Mountains & canyons • History, architecture • Sightseeing • Guarantied
The tour departs at 9:30 am near the metro station Avlabari. This is the center of the city, where you can easily get from anywhere and one of the most popular areas of the old city. An unforgettable excursion to Kazbegi from Tbilisi along the Georgian military road will begin here!
- The first stop is the most famous and most visited castle in Georgia - the Ananuri Fortress, a well-preserved building from the late Middle Ages. Located on the shore of the Zhinvali reservoir, with stunning views of the lake and mountains. On the territory there are two churches of the seventeenth century.
By the way, Alexander Pushkin is the first Russian tourist, whose visit to the fortress in Ananuri in 1829 is documented, but was there Marco Polo even earlier
- Next we will visit the ski resort of Gudauri, and then we will go to the Arch of Friendship of Peoples, one of the attractions of the Georgian Military Highway was built in 1983 in honor of the event, which your guide will tell you more about! The Friendship Arch with a viewing platform is located on the Cross Pass at an altitude of 2384. A memorable mountain landscape opens from the site.
- The next point of our trip is the mountain settlement Stepantsminda, once called Kazbegi (1921-2007). Here we will stop for lunch, and then visit the main attraction of Kazbegi is the Gergeti Trinity Church. The Holy Trinity Church was built in the XIV century on a hill at the foot of Mount Kazbeg at an altitude of 2170 meters and literally located above the clouds. Outside it is decorated with carvings and bas-reliefs in the form of the sun, crosses, grapevine and other ancient ornaments, inside it is rather ascetic. From the hill there is a breathtaking view of Stepantsminda and the majestic Mount Kazbeg.
- Breack for lanch in Kazbegi (Stefancminda)
The temple of Gergeti- on a steep mountain, and you can get to it on foot or on an SUV 4x4. The walking route, rather complicated, will take about 1-1.5 depending on your physical form. Or you can rent an SUV with a local driver. Depending on the season and the rental car, the price in both directions per person can be 10-15 GEL ($ 4-6) or 50-70 GEL per car.
After exploring the main sights of Kazbegi, we will head back to Tbilisi.
! Wear comfortable shoes and take warm clothes at an altitude of more than 2000 meters can be cool even in summer.
The tour is conducted on a comfortable Mercedes minibus with a refrigerator with the Internet and meets all the necessary technical standards. During the whole route you are accompanied by a qualified guide tells about all the objects along the way, history and much more.
- Excursion start location: Avlabari metro station
- Number of participants: min 1 / max 17
- Duration hours: 10
- Length of the route: 335 km
- Free cancel before: 48 Hours
Prepay and cancellation policy
The prepayment is 35% of the cost of the service.
Free cancellation is possible for 48 hours before the start